Of the 53 prime ministers to date, 52 of them men and just one woman – Margaret Thatcher.
As PM from 1979 to 1990, Mrs Thatcher was the longest-serving prime minister during the 20th century having served from 1979 to 1990. She was termed the Iron Lady which was coined by Russian military journalist Captain Yuri Gavrilov in 1976 in response to a speech the future PM gave warning about the rise of the Soviet Union.
The following are 6 of Margaret Thatcher’s most profound quotes:
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it!
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is the beginning of the end of any nation.
6. Socialism fails when it runs out of other people’s money.
The following is a link to a Fox News video which illustrates the similarities and differences between that Margaret Thatcher and Barak Obama. This may give everyone something to think about.